Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday - Cows and a KAL

I didn't really get around to showing any W.I.P.'s or F.O.'s last week.Sorry about that, but things got a bit crazy here and I had to act fast.
On top of that I had to celebrate my birthday twice so a busy week it was. I got some really great presents though. Among others I got a gift certificate for my local LYS and I immediately started thinking about what I would use it for.
I am down to two choices, both is from Army Of knitters (AOK). I really LOVE Heather Dixon's designs. They are to die for! And I want to make them all.

1. Sunflowers Cami and Sunflowers Skirt

or

2. Waterlillies

What do you think ?

I'm also waiting for the mail to deliver some books. I'm not entirely sure how many books I'll get, but I know that from my wishlist, one is bound to be Fearless Fair Isle Knitting if I get more than one it's going to be one of Staceys books (Freshstitches). Either Crocheted Softies or Cuddly Crochet .If I'm REALLY lucky and get all four books from my list, then the fourth one is going to be Knitting : Color, structure and design .

No matter how many I'll get, I am going to be SO happy when it arrives!

Anyway .Ready to see what I've been up to :

If you have been following my blog, you'll know about my eagerness to participate in Freshstitches Cow- CAL. You can read about it in a previous post here

I'm making a family of 3 cows. Mrs. and Mr. Muumuh and Little Cowey Muumuh. Unfortunately I am propably not going to make the deadline. I decided to order some handpainted eyes from suncatcher , but forgot that the delivery time from US to Denmark varies depending on where items ships from.
Ah well I wasn't in it for the win but for the fun.

My progress so far :

Mrs. Muumuh waiting to be stitched together :


Mr. Muumuh ready to be put together :


And Little Cowey : 

Oh wait he's  not done yet .Haven't even started him yet. 

Besides crocheting my cows, I've started participating in a KAL as in a Knit Along. I'm a member of the AOK (Army of Knitters) group over at Ravelry. 

We are knitting Tigerlillies . I'm using a different yarn than the one the pattern calls for , since it's not available here. I did find a nice substitute : Onion knit : Reiki.

1 skein = 40 to 50 g = 109 yds/100 m. Only handwash/Dry flat.Gauge : 15 sts 20 rows= 10 x 10 cm Knitting needles 5-6Contains 9 different yarns.Fibres : 30 % Polyamide 27% Mohair 20 % Acrylic 12 % Wool 10.5 % Viscose0.5 % CottonMy progress so far : 


Oh and last but not least. I've started on my Deer from Staceys class at Craftsy using Marks and kattens Victoria


that's it from me this W.I.P.

Thank you for reading and (maybe) commenting :)
 Want to see more awesome W.I.P.'s ?

Pop on over and visit :


Happy crafting !



2 comments:

  1. Difficult choice - I love Heather's designs too! I'm leaning more towards Sunflower cami/skirt but it depends what weather you intend to wear it in :-) Here in England Waterlillies may be more useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula :)
      I'm leaning more towards the cami/skirt myself too, allthough I'm propably going to end up making all of Heathers designs at some point.
      Weather is unpredictable here atm, lots of rain, but weather report promise sunshine from next week.

      Delete