Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

W.I.P.Wednesday : My CAL project and more.

So today is Wednesday and I have a lot of projects on my needles and hooks as always.
I'm only going to share pictures of two of them.

I'm still working on my Teddy Bear Huggy Blanket which you can read about here .No newer photos though since I have a big and important project going on.

So Stacey from Freshstitches has started a CAL, which involves crocheting Jackie the Cow ,one of her adorable must-make- patterns. Yeah I'm a sucker for her patterns and I'm not ashamed to admit it! haha.
Of course I had to participate.

I'm not quite done choosing my colors, but I've started out with a dark pink for the body :



I'm using a 100 % acrylic for this cow. It's Jette from Hjertegarn.

Besides that. I'm doing a secret knitting project.
And it has a deadline!
Oh yeah. A VERY short deadline I might add.
I REALLY hope I can make it. Haven't been knitting since before Christmas. And I already had to rip out 15 rounds of lace pattern.
Reminder to myself : Remember a safety line!

I'm using 2 types of yarn :
Muskat which is a 100 % mercerised Egyptian Cotton, it has a fairly firm structure when knitted which is needed for some parts of this pattern.

The other  yarn is :
Cotton Viscose , a 54 % Cotton , 46 % Rayon. It has a nice shine ,but is a bit slippery to knit with when not used to it.


A sneak Peek : 






I hope everyone has a great and productive Wednesday.
 Thanks for stopping by and if you want to check out more W.I.P.'s stop by Tami's :  












5 comments:

  1. Pink! Cow! How awesome is that? Pretty seriously. Thanks for the sneak peek, too! It's a lovely little snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think she will look great as a pink cow.
      You're welcome and Thanks for commenting.
      It's actually very hard not to tell more about my secret project, 'cause I'm very excited about it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dark pink for the cow. I think it will look great. As far as knitting I have just passed my 1 year point and my belief is that you have to love the project and just jump in with both feet. You learn so much along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too and I think it will look cute with the light pink I have chosen too for some of the parts :)
      I totally agree. there's no joy in knitting something that doesn't "speak " to you in one way or another.
      I've been knitting on/of sonce I was a child and always had a tendency to get bored at some point... Until I discovered US and UK patterns, then I suddently started to enjoy knitting again. Not sure why ,but US and UK patterns appeals to me so much more than danish does. I rarely find a danish pattern that I like.

      Thank you for commenting and joining my readers list as the first one :)

      Delete