Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

W.I.P.-Teddy Bear Huggy Blanket

This is my first W.I.P.
Reading about other peoples projects, seeing their progress and the enthusiasm that shines through, when they write about their projects are very catching and made me want to share mine .
I always have several projects going on at the same time , but I'm only going to share one, at least this week .

The Teddy Bear Huggy Blanket  which I'm making for my grandson.

My progress so far :


I have crocheted the head, muzzle, nose, ears, neck and started on the arms.

When I had to decide which yarn to use, I decided it was time to try out acrylic, so I bought Jette from Hjertegarn.
I have always avoided using 100 % acrylic yarns, 'cause I don't like the feel of it, but this one is soft and there's a bonus : it's cheap!

I went with these colors (light blue as MC) :




What's on your hook/needles this W.I.P. ? 

If you want to read and see what other people are working on visit Tami's, she's the founder of the W.I.P's







Thanks for stopping by and reading.
Please take a moment to like me on facebook, thanks :) 

12 comments:

  1. Cute blankie! It's alway so much fun to see all those little chunks turn into a stuffie. Welcome to WIPW, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula :)
      Yeah it's almost as if they come alive when you do the assembly.

      Delete
  2. The bear looks great so far - I think this will be a really cute blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      That's exactly what I thought when I saw that pattern

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the end result. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I, and I hope to get it finished by friday :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome to WIP Wed!

    Your parts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superkært mønster! Jeg glæder mig til at se det færdigt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak :)
      Ja det er supernuttet og en fornøjelse at sidde med.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you've got some serious connecting and sewing ends to do yourself! The other plus to using acrylic on a baby/kid project is wash-ability. So much easier to be able to through it in the machine when it gets dirty (and it will). Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and it didn't accure to me before I started on the blanketpart.
      I agree it's so much easier to just throw kids/baby stuff in the machine.

      Thank you, unfortunately with all the sewing in ends I'm not sure it will be done this F.O.

      Delete