Translate

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Secret's Out

I was actually going to wait until the next F.O. but decided to post today.

Remember my secret project ? You can read about it here and here .

Well today was the day when the secret got revealed to the recepient., but first some background.
A while back I showed my 16 year old daughter Army Of Knitters website. We were looking at all the fabulous designs when we came across Hattie. And she was all "ohh I want one!" Can you make me one ?
She lives at her dads ,but ever since she saw that dress she's been talking about it everytime she's been for a visit.
So..her graduation day was today and my mom , my 6 year old daughter ,my 23 year old daughter ,my son-in-law, my grandson and me decided she should have that dress as a surprise.
It's not that easy to knit a dress when the one it's for keeps dropping by for a visit on and of and you only have like 14 days to get it done.
And EVERYTIME she asked if I could make it ,while she was here on vacation and I just had to pretend like nothing and say :  yes of course blah blah blah.
Those 14 days quickly went down to around 9 give and take , since I had other things to do aswell.
Anyway she was very happy when she got it :)

I'm going to have her pose in it when she's here on vacation, but until then these will have to do :






I'm very pleased with the outcome , considering it's been a while since I knitted a bigger project and it's my first big project using a US pattern.
Ohh yeah and the fact that I had a deadline.

Thanks for reading and commenting :)



3 comments:

  1. I love how you changed the neckline. The original pattern was even a bit too low cut for me and I'm almost 50!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you although I didn't do it on purpose :)
      I was a bit puzzled by the part in the pattern about the neckline (english is my second language), so I took a look at some of the other Hattie's on Ravelry, to see what it looked like when buttoned. It's a bit more open when not buttoned.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete